A 7% increase in broadband adoption could result in:
- $92 billion through 2.4 million jobs created or saved annually
- $662 million saved per year in reduced health care costs
- $6.4 billion per year in mileage savings from unnecessary driving
- $18 million in carbon credits associated with 3.2 billion fewer lbs of CO2 emissions per year in the U.S.
- $35.2 billion in value from 3.8 billion more hours saved per year from accessing broadband at home
- $134 billion per year in total direct economic impact
Connected Nation. “The Economic Impact of Stimulating Broadband Nationally.” February 2008.
More facts about broadband and the economy.